OTT Hydromet Water Quality Solutions
From simple spot checking to multi-month deployments in biologically rich waters, OTT Hydromet can suit the needs of nearly every water quality professional with instrumentation from Hydrolab and Sea-Bird Scientific.- Learn more about Hydrolab sondes for surface water & groundwater - Learn more about Sea-Bird Scientific instruments for long term deployment - Learn more about our sensors for in-situ nutrient monitoring
Surface Water & Groundwater
Hydrolab multiparameter sondes can measure a wide variety of water quality parameters via spot sampling or unattended, real-time data capture in surface water and groundwater applications, providing the flexibility to tailor sensors to the exact application need.
Hydrolab Multiparameter Sondes:
- All Hydrolab instrumentation has 17 available sensors for multiparameter measurements
- The Hydrolab DS5X provides the opportunity to measure up to 16 parameters simultaneously
- The new HL4 and HL7 Muliparameter Sondes: ease of use, reliability and metadata produce water quality data you can trust
- Compare Mutliparameter Water Quality Instruments using a the Selection Guide
- What is metadata? Data about the data - Metadata article
- See our water quality blog posts for helpful tips on WQ monitoring
- Visit our Youtube channel for our Hydrolab sensor calibration videos
- Overview video of the HL4 Multiparameter Sonde
- Overview video of the HL7 Multiparameter Sonde
Long Term Deployment
Sea-Bird Scientific sensors are designed for long term deployments of up to 12 months. The portfolio of monitoring solutions includes instruments for multi-parameter monitoring in the most challenging environments on earth.
- Robust designs made specifically for long term deployments in biologically rich waters
- Anti-fouling solutions for optimized unattended monitoring
- High accuracy instruments proven to last up to 12 months, depending on the application and aquatic conditions
Continuous monitoring of nutrient levels in water bodies provides critical information about the daily, seasonal and event based changes in water quality conditions. Nutrient levels also are key indicators on the overall health of the water body. In recent years, monitoring nutrient levels has become standard in regulatory compliance of water quality in many regions of the world. Sea-Bird Scientific provides several solutions for long-term unattended measurement of nitrate and phosphate in real-time.
- Optical measurement of nitrate for high accuracy and no need for reagents
- Measures nitrate in increasingly challenging waters, including extremely turbid and high CDOM waters.
- Stability over a wide range of environmental conditions, from blue-ocean nitraclines to storm runoff in rivers and streams.
Sea-Bird Scientific Cycle-P: Phosphate Sensor:
- Provides unparalleled precision and accuracy in phosphate nutrient monitoring
- Ideally suited for unattended monitoring the Cycle PO4 includes pre-mixed on-board reagent cartridges and on-board calibration standards