OTT Hydromet Water Quality Solutions
OTT Hydromet offers water quality monitoring solutions, services and support, from Hydrolab and Sea-Bird Scientific, designed for water quality professionals to obtain the reliable data and measurements they need, all within the constraints & objectives of the individual.
Surface Water & Groundwater
Hydrolab multiparameter sondes can measure water quality in either spot sampling or unattended, real-time data capture in surface water applications. Certain Hydrolab multiparameter instrumentation is also compact enough to fit in groundwater wells to measure groundwater quality in detail, also by spot checking or unattended, long term deployment. Hydrolab sensors can also be equipped with a Rhodamine sensor to be used in dye tracing studies to track water flow direction.
- Instruments are used for groundwater and surface water applications that need periodic spot checks / attended monitoring OR long term, unattended deployments, where data is remotely collected and transmitted via telemetry.
- All Hydrolab instrumentation has 17 available sensors for multiparameter measurements
- The Hydrolab DS5X provides the opportunity to measure up to 16 parameters simultaneously!
- Newest product from Hydrolab - the HL4 and HL7 Multiparameter Sonde Platform: ease of use, reliability and metadata produce water quality data you can trust.
- Compare Mutliparameter Water Quality Instruments using a the Selection Guide
- What is metadata? Data about the data. - metadata article
- See our water quality blog posts for helpful tips on WQ monitoring
- Visit our Youtube channel for our Hydrolab sensor calibration videos
- Overview video of the HL4 Multiparameter Sonde
- Overview video of the HL7 Multiparameter Sonde
Long Term Deployment
Sea-Bird Scientifc sensors are designed for long term deployments of up to 12 months. The portfolio of monitoring solutions includes instruments for multi-parameter monitoring in the most challenging environments on earth. These monitoring systems also include options for external data collection platforms, real time data delivery and web based data visualization.
- Robust designs made specifically for long term deployments in biologically rich waters
- Anti-fouling solutions for optimized unattended monitoring
- High accuracy instruments proven to last up to 12 months, depending on the application and aquatic conditions
- Sea-Bird Scientific WQM Case Study: In- Situ Nutrient Monitoring in the Murderkill Estuary (Delaware)
- Sea-Bird Scientific WQM Brochure
- WET Labs WQM Video
- HydroCAT EP Brochure
- HydroCAT EP Case Study: Long-term Water Quality Monitoring
Continuous monitoring of nutrient levels in water bodies provides critical information about the daily, seasonal and event based changes in water quality conditions. Nutrient levels also are key indicators on the overall health of the water body. In recent years, monitoring nutrient levels has become standard in regulatory compliance of water quality in many regions of the world. Sea-Bird Scientific provides several solutions for long-term unattended measurement of nitrate and phosphate in real-time.
- Measures nitrate in increasingly challenging waters, including extremely turbid and high CDOM waters.
- Stability over a wide range of environmental conditions, from blue-ocean nitraclines to storm runoff in rivers and streams.
Sea-Bird Scientific Cycle-P: Phosphate Sensor:
- Provides unparalleled precision and accuracy in phosphate nutrient monitoring
- Ideally suited for unattended monitoring the Cycle PO4 includes pre-mixed on-board reagent cartridges and on-board calibration standards