Water Level monitoring system in the Belchatow open pit mine, Poland
The open pit mine in Belchatow is the biggest open mine in Poland and one of biggest troughout Europe.
The hole is about 280 m deep and covers an area of about 3200 hectares.
It has a massive impact on the hydrological situation in the region - therefore WL and GW monitoring (in mine and neighborhood area), is strongly required. All measured data are forwarded to IMGW, national hydrological service. To fullfil this task efficiently the customer decided to build an automatic measuring system.
Le logiciel de communication - OTT Hydras 3 Basic
Le logiciel OTT Hydras 3 Basique simplifie la gestion des stations d'acquisition et de transmission, des stations de mesure et des petits réseaux de mesure.
- Hydrométrie, météorologie et protection de l'environnement
- Microsoft Windows 95/98/2000, Windows NT 4.0, Windows XP, Windows
- Paramétrage et lecture de stations Import automatique de données. Affichage de données
The open pit mine in Belchatow is the biggest open mine in Poland and one of biggest throughout Europe. This mine produces lignite mainly for a near power plant which is the largest lignite-fired power plant in the world. The hole is about 280 m deep and covers an area of about 3200 hectares. Such big interference in natural environment has a massive impact on the hydrological situation in the region. For this reason WL and GW monitoring (in mine and neighborhood area), is strongly required. All measured data are collected in annually reports, forwarded to IMGW (national hydrological service). Taking manual measurements at every site several times per week, and reporting was very time-consuming and expensive, so the customer decided to build an automatic measuring system in two phases.
- Equip all 17 WL measuring sites with automatic systems for measuring and data transmission.
- Provide a stable platform for monitoring of WL in the channels and rivers inside and outside mine (whole hydrological basin)
- Provide 5 minutes measuring interval and 15 minutes transmission interval
- Import all data into Hydras 3 evaluation software in two hydrological centers
- Calculate discharge based on tables delivered by customer
- OTT Thalimedes for water level measurement and data logging
- ADCON A753 UHF RTU for data transmission from stations situated in near surroundings
- ADCON A731 relays installed as repeaters on high communication masts
- ADCON A753 GPRS RTU for data transmission from remote points without UHF coverage
- A850 Gateway as a data center
- Hydras 3 as evaluation software
- Solar power supply
- GPRS or UHF data transmission through Adcon system
- Availability of real-time measurements in the Hydras 3 software
- Autarkic monitoring stations with continuous data transfer of water level parameters in the whole Bechlatow’ hydrological basin
- Historical and real time data and evaluation
- Data access from two Hydras 3 stations
- Alarm system for a great number of specific parameters
- Multiple channels for data transmission