Continuous Discharge Monitoring in Mecklenburg - Germany
The Wallensteingraben was originally constructed as channel and is almost 20 km long. In the context of implementing the European Water Framework Directive its ecological passability shall be improved.
Système Doppler de mesure d'écoulement stationnaire
OTT SLD est un système de mesure autonome à effet Doppler pour enregistrer en continu la vitesse d’écoulement et le niveau d’eau des cours d’eau naturels et semi-naturels.
- Installation à poste fixe
- Vitesse d'écoulement
- Appareil à ultrasons horizontal fonctionnant selon le principe Doppler pour la mesure de débit en continu dans les rivières et les canaux. Calcul de débit selon la méthode d'indice de vitesses. Filtre de bateau intégré, interface Modbus pour les systèmes d
- ± 10 m/s
- ± 1 % de la valeur mesurée ± 0.5 cm/s
Stationary Discharge Measurement at the Wallensteingraben near Wismar
OTT SLD & LogoSens2
Online-measurement with a horizontal Doppler – Flowsensor
The drill called „Wallensteingraben“ connects the Lake of Schwerin with the Hanseatic city Wismar, ending in the Baltic Sea. The Wallensteingraben was originally constructed as channel and is almost 20 km long. In the context of implementing the European Water Framework Directive its ecological passability shall be improved.
At the measurement site „Rothentor“ a weir system was replaced by a natural rock ramp. At the same time a measurement site for the continuous monitoring of discharge quantities was installed. Ideally, this measurement site has been designed for the deployment of an acoustic discharge measurement system already in the project phase.
The contractor for this measurement is the National Authority for Environment and Nature (StAUN) in Schwerin, on behalf of the Ministry for Agriculture, Environment and Consumer Protection of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania.
The measurement task: online measurement of water level and velocity of flow with subsequent discharge calculation according to the velocity-index-method. Besides, all data should be stored and made available in real-time for the planning and control tasks of the StAUN and of the water- and shipping authority. For this purpose, a remote data transmission system had to be installed. Further, the customer required the possibility of remote maintenance of the measurement systems via analogue line.
- OTT SLD 2.0 MHz Side-Looking-Doppler-Sensor for measurement of local velocity of flow (index velocity)
- OTT CBS – compact bubble sensor for longterm-stable water level measurement
- Stationmanager OTT LogoSens2 for monitoring and storage of measured data, calculation of discharge quantities and control of remote data transmission via analogue modem (mainlines available).
The new measurement site, equipped with state-of-the-art OTT instruments from now on provides discharge data around-the-clock. The measurement instruments have been and are working without any failure since summer 2009.