Sutron Well Cap
Versatile Groundwater Telemetry System
Sutron’s Groundwater Well Cap leverages the power and reliability of the X-Link logger family to deliver a cost-effective, self-contained package to monitor groundwater.
- RS-232, Satellite, Radio
- Turnkey transmission of data from groundwater sensors via Wifi, Cellular, and Iridium Satellite
- SDI-12, 4-20mA
Sutron’s Well Cap Groundwater Monitoring Station makes it easy to automate measurement of groundwater wells. The cap has the following advantages:
- Tamper-proof packaging
- Capable of measuring sensors over SDI-12, 4-20ma, and RS485
- Low power with integrated 7 Ahr battery for long term reliable operation
- Optional cell modem and dataplans
- Optional Iridium modem and dataplans
- Optional solar panels to reduce battery servicing intervals
- Mounts on NPS 2 (2.375”, 60.33mm OD), 3 (3.5”, 88.9mm OD) or 4 (4.5”, 114.3mm OD) pipe
- 1/4 hasp for customer provided lock
- Built-in Sutron X-Link logger/transmitter
- IP67 housing for battery/electronics/antenna with screwless access.
- Powder coated cast aluminum construction with ABS plastic dome.
- Hinged design provides access to sensors without opening electronics compartment
- Sensor hanger plate with room to insert electronic tapes or other calibration devices.
- Concealed bolts to fasten the cap to the well casing.
- Compatible with a variety of sensors with SDI-12 or analog output.
- Optional solar panel for continuous operation
- DIMENSIONS Diameter: 8” max (20.32cm) Height: 12” (30.48cm) Weight: : 6.7 lb including battery & logger (3.04kg)
SELECT ONE OF THESE FULLY-ASSEMBLED WELL CAP PACKAGES
Fully-assembled Well Cap Package that includes basic datalogger w/cell modem plus your choice of battery/solar panel configuration. Choose the model with your preferred cell or Iridium communications.
- WC-GPRS-1 (legacy): 26 Ah Lithium Battery* Non-rechargeable
- WC-GPRS-2 (legacy): 4 Ah Lead Acid w/ 2 watt Solar Panel
- WC-CDMA-1 (legacy): 26 Ah Lithium Battery* Non-rechargeable
- WC-CDMA-2 (legacy): 4 Ah Lead Acid w/ 2 watt Solar Panel
- WC-HSPA-1 (legacy): 26 Ah Lithium Battery* Non-rechargeable
- WC-HSPA-2 (legacy): 4 Ah Lead Acid w/ 2 watt Solar Panel
Fully-assembled Well Cap Package that includes basic datalogger w/Iridium modem plus your choice of battery/solar panel configuration.
- WC-IRIDIUM-1: 26Ah Lithium Battery* Non-rechargeable
- WC-IRIDIUM-2: 4 Ah Lead Acid w/ 2 watt Solar Panel
- WC-XLINK-1 (legacy): 26 Ah Lithium Battery* Non-rechargeable
- WC-XLINK-2 (legacy): 4 Ah Lead Acid w/ 2 watt Solar Panel
*Assuming the modem is turned off between transmissions, the high capacity, non-rechargeable, low self-discharge Lithium Battery should last over 1 year, (Calculations did not take into consideration any power drain from the sensor.)
- OTT PLS & PLS-C: OTT PLS - Robust ceramic pressure transducer for water level measurement. OTT PLS C - Pressure probe with conductivity measurement cell. Vented sensors require desiccant. A 1” diameter tube plus desiccant should fit standard well pipes. Please consult with your regional Sutron representative when placing your orders.
- 2271-1195-1: Cable Strain Relief Kit
- 6661-1340-1: Desiccant
ORDERING DATA PLANS (IRIDIUM)
IRIDIUM ACTIVATION & SERVICE PLANS
- ISBD.SACT: Station Activation
- ISBD.0K.1: Min. Monthly Fee, no Data Plan
- ISBD.12K.1M.PLAN: Min. Monthly Fee, 12 KB Data
- ISBD.100K.1M.PLAN: Min. Monthly Fee, 100 KB data
Sutron Wellcap Presentation
Sutron Wellcap Product Sheet
Sutron Wellcap Quick Start Guide