Modern monitoring network in the Indian Ocean
Three public authorities in Sri Lanka are responsible for various tasks in water management and they all depend on hydro-meteorological data. However, the existing monitoring network was in poor condition and reliable, up-to-date measurement values were often missing. Now the hydro-meteorological monitoring network has been extended and updated with the latest technology.
Non-contact water level sensor for long term surface water measurements
The OTT RLS is a non-contact radar level sensor with pulse radar technology that is ideal for monitoring in remote or hard to reach locations.
- Surface water
- Water level / distance to water
- Non-contact pulse radar
- Measures water level or depth to water from a bridge, pier or mounting arm
- 0.4 … 35 m
- 0.8 … 2 m: ± 10 mm; 2 … 30 m: ± 3 mm; 30 … 35 m: ± 10 mm
- SDI-12, RS-485 (using SDI-12), or 4 ...20 mA
Robust ceramic pressure transducer for water level measurement
The OTT PLS, SDI-12 or 4 ... 20 mA pressure probe, measures water level, depth to water, or pressure using an integrated controller and ceramic pressure-measuring cell.
- Surface water Groundwater
- Vented pressure cell
- Water level, Pressure, Temperature
- Water level and temperature measurement - for use with external data logger
- 0 … 4, 10, 20, 40, and 100 m
- ± 0.05% FS
- SDI-12, RS-485 (using SDI-12), or 4 … 20 mA
Water flow meter for longterm data collection of velocity and discharge measurements
The OTT SLD uses acoustic Doppler technology for continuous measurement of water velocity and level in streams, rivers, and canals.
- Fixed installation
- Flow velocity
- Side-Looking-Doppler for continuous discharge measurement in rivers and open channels. Discharge calculation based on velocity - index - method. Integrated vessel filter algorithm, Modbus interface and output of total volume of flow (max. interval 1 day).
- ± 10 m/s
- ± 1 % of measured value ± 0.5 cm/s
Weather sensor for humidity and temperature
The digital weather sensor reliably measures the relative humidity and temperature. Equipped with a protective housing it can be used in a large variety of applications.
- Air temperature and relative air humidity (measured), absolute air humidity, dewpoint and mixing ratio (calculated)
- PT1000, capacitive
- Low power draw, long-term stable, suitable for extreme temperatures, protective housing included
- SDI-12 V1.3
All-weather, high accuracy rain gauge for continuous data collection
The OTT Pluvio² is an all-weather precipitation gauge that uses superior weight-based technology to measure the amount and intensity of rain, snow, and hail.
- Cumulative precipitation, precipitation intensity, bucket content in real time and non real time
- Weighing principle
- All-weather precipitation gauge without moving parts according to WMO guide line No. 8
- SDI-12 / RS-485, pulse
Data loggers for remote data collection & long term monitoring
The versatile OTT netDL 500 and 1000 data loggers were developed specifically for use in hydrology and meteorology stations. In addition to recording data, the loggers are extremely low power and offer flexible data transfer options via the internet and mobile networks, providing a logging and telemetry solution for every project.
- Ethernet USB-Host USB-Device RS-232 Satellite Cellular Industrial Communication
- High data availability due to large memory and redundant communication, Multitasking capability for short polling cycles, Communication via TCP/IP, Integrated Web Server, Ultra low power consumption, Design for harsh environments, Industrial communication
- SDI-12, RS-485 (SDI-12), Modbus RTU, analogue-in (voltage and current), Impulse Input, Status Input