Sutron SatLink 3 XMTR
The SL3-XMTR-1 Transmitter offers a reliable and low-cost method of adding Meteosat / GOES satellite transmission capability to almost any Data Logger. SL3-XMTR transmits the buffer contents of a data logger to one of many Environmental Satellites for which it is certified.
Different operating modes are available ranging from logger control of transmitter setup to scheduling the logger to send a buffer to the transmitter using RS-232 or USB connections.
The Transmitter automatically selects the proper RF output power based on antenna selection made by the user. This Transmitter supports the
NESDIS GOES 300 and 1200 bps formats, METEOSAT (MSG 2nd Gen) 100 bps and HRDCP 1200 bps, as well as formats of other Environmental Satellites orbiting the globe. The Transmitter itself is built upon Sutron’s 35-year legacy of rugged and reliable Satellite Transmitters. The XMTR provides the user with the highest reliability and leading performance metrics coupled with very flexible programming including scheduled and alarm transmissions.
- Transmitter for Meteosat HDR , GOES and other Satellites
- Serial Communications over USB port or RS-232 ports
- Size: Very small size (3.8 in. x 6.4 in. x 1.5 in.) for easy installation
- NESDIS Certification: NESDIS GOES CS2.0 Certified
- Meteosat Certification: MSG 2nd Gen 100 bps and HRDCP 1200 bps
- Cost & Flexibility: Low cost transmitter works with dataloggers from various manufacturers
- Data Communications: Serial Communications over USB port or RS-232 ports.
- Micro-B USB connector on the transmitter designed to be connected to USB Type-A on Windows PC. Sutron provides ‘LinkComm’ software for handling communications over the USB port.
Sutron SatLink XMTR with OTT netDL Datalogger
Pairing the Sutron SatLink3 (SL3) XMTR Transmitter with an OTT netDL 500 / 1000 enables transmission of the OTT netDL datalogger buffer to Meteosat. Different operating modes are available ranging from logger control of transmitter setup to scheduling the logger to send a buffer to the transmitter using RS-232 or USB connections. The transmitter automatically selects the proper RF output power based on antenna selection made by the user. The SL3 XMTR Transmitter supports the Meteosat 100 and 1200 bps format and formats of other Environmental Satellites orbiting the globe, including GOES.
Sutron SatLink Logger Transmitter
The SatLink3 multi-communication logging transmitter is an integrated solution providing a cost-effective way to measure, log, calculate and transmit data from remote locations around the world. SL3 has built-in support for nearly all meteorological satellites including GOES, METEOSAT, INSAT and MTSAT for operation anywhere. Most often the SL3 is connected to sensors and transmits data on a user-set schedule, the Satlink3 has options for redundant and two-way communication using cellular and Iridium communications. Satlink3 builds upon Sutron’s 35 years’ experience providing reliable satellite communications.
GOES 300 bps (CS 2.0 Specification)
- Random Transmissions
GOES 1200 bps (CS 2.0 Specification)
- Self Timed
- Random Transmission
METEOSAT (MSG 2nd Gen) 100 BPS Self Timed & Alert
METEOSAT HRDCP 1200 bps
CGMS INTERNATIONAL 100 bps
GMS/MTSAT 100 bps
INSAT (PRBS) 4800 bps
INSAT (TDMA) 4800 bps
- 5000-0155-1: YAGI GOES Satellite Antenna
- 5000-0156-1: YAGI GOES Satellite Antenna, Stainless Steel Mast & Elements
- 5000-0170: GPS Antenna, Bullet (High Gain)
- 5100-0010, 5100- 0030, 5100-0040: Battery, 12 VDC: 7 AH, 24 AH, 105 AH
- 5100-0406: Solar Panel, 53 Watts (Mount 2271- 1049 & Cable 6411-1017-3 ordered separately)
- 5100-0410-1: Solar Panel, 20 Watts unregulated, w/ Mount (Order cable 6411-1017-3 separately)
- 5100-0400-1: Solar Panel, 10 Watts unregulated including 10 ft. Cable & Mount
- 5100-0407: Solar Panel Charger Regulator, 4 amp
- 5100-0408: Solar Panel Charger Regulator, 8 amp
- 5100-0411: Solar Regulator, 3 amp
- 8111-1113-1: RF COAX Cable Lightning Protection. Bulkhead mount, 36” RG-58 N to N cable (for mounting in NEMA enclosure)
- 8111-1099-1: Protector, Coax with Cable (wall/ panel mount)
- SL3-MTG-KIT-F-1: SL3 OEM FLAT MOUNTING KIT
- SL3-MTG-KIT-R-1: SL3 OEM R/A MOUNTING KIT
CE Sutron SatLink3 XMTR
Certificate Sutron SatLink3 XMTR - EUMETSAT HRDCP
Certificate Sutron SatLink3 XMTR - EUMETSAT SRDCP
Certificate Sutron SatLink3 XMTR - NESDIS
Information - GPS Status Jan 2019
Leaflet Sutron SatLink3 XMTR
Operations & Maintenance Manual SUTRON SATLINK 3
Satlink 3 Overview Video