FLOODEX is the UK’s largest trade event about flood defence, water level management, prevention, mitigation, and drainage. It will take place at the East of England Showground, Peterborough from Wed, Feb 26, 2020 – Thu, Feb 27, 2020.
We’re looking forward to meeting you at Stand L26!
1. Trade fair dedicated to one of the greatest current environmental challenges
The changing climate both increases and decreases floods in Europe and certainly the UK seems to be more affected by extreme weather events. These developments make it harder to predict heavy rainfall and the location of potential flooding. Recent events have once again demonstrated the scale of the issue as river levels have exceeded all previous records on several UK rivers causing major flooding. In some cases, these recent flood events have come just weeks after the previous inundation. What can be done to improve the situation, how to protect, do we build ever higher flood defences, who to protect, who pays, what can we do differently, monitoring, forecasting, warning, slow the flow, plant trees, SUDS, planning control, flood plains, coastal erosion, re-location ~ so many questions.
This makes it all the more important to provide information on possible precautionary measures, for which FLOODEX offers an excellent platform. One answer to the management of ongoing extreme weather events is to improve applied monitoring solutions.
2. Exchange with peers
You can exchange information with experts and consultants and get advice on possible measures. Make yourself familiar with the latest equipment, technology, services and the latest findings at the exhibition stands.
There are a large number of suppliers and consultants available in one place for this purpose, which you would normally have to go through individually. This is especially helpful if you are thinking about changing suppliers.
Two efficient days full of chances and opportunities!
3. Explore our latest product developments on stand L26
- OTT ecoLog 1000 water level logger with 4G/2G (LTE) communication module and Bluetooth interface for easy operation and remote data transfer. Especially useful for groundwater monitoring but also suitable for surface water applications.
- OTT RLS radar level sensor for contact-less water level monitoring from a safe distance.
- OTT SVR100 Surface Velocity Radar, a contactless, compact sensor for measuring flow in open channels and rivers continuously.
- OTT G1 Max Level Gauge max level gauge – a cost-effective measuring device that uses colour marking to indicate maximum water levels reached b
y an event. The threshold level is used for preservation of evidence and provides accurate data for the post-processing of flood events.
- HydroMet Cloud provides secure real-time data access from almost anywhere in the world via HydrometCloud.com and the Hydromet Cloud Mobile App. This includes the backend infrastructure to receive, ingest, decode, process, display, and store measurement data from nearly any remote Hydromet monitoring station via a cloud-based data hosting platform. To view their data graphically, on a map or in tabular and report forms. Conversely, if you prefer to do your own processing, Hydromet Cloud delivers raw data (as it is transmitted by the station) using a dedicated, secure download page, updated immediately as your data arrives.
- Moreover, Natural Flood Management is an important topic on the OTT UK booth. Learn more about it in the related blog post:
The exhibition is open from 9 am on till 5 pm on Wednesday and till 4 pm on Thursday.
4. The admission is free of charge
The FLOODEX homepage offers free tickets. The entry ticket includes access to all the CPD accredited seminars and free parking. Take your chance and secure your participation now with one click:
In case you have further questions, please feel free to…