Accurate flow and discharge measurement has been a core competency of OTT Hydromet since we created our first flow meter in 1875. Choose from a variety of either portable or stationary measurement options using different measurement technologies, including mechanical, acoustic, Doppler, and more.
Handheld, acoustic water flow meter for in-stream point velocity measurements
The OTT Acoustic Digital Current meter (ADC) delivers consistently accurate results with the most advanced acoustic technology available for point velocity measurement.
- Flow velocity, depth
- Latest state of the art ultrasonic Doppler technology for high accurate velocity measurements. Maintenance free sensor with integrated depth measurement, graphical step by step user guidance and discharge calculation according to ISO 748 and USGS standard
- -0.2 … 2.4 m/s
- ± 1% of measured value ± 0.25 cm/s
Surface Velocity Radar for Measuring Open Channel Flow
OTT SVR 100 is a simple, non-contact, compact surface water velocity radar sensor. Designed for measuring flow in open channels and rivers where reliable velocity data is required continuously, during floods or periods of high concentrations of suspended sediments.
- Fixed installation
- Identify data influenced by sensor movement (e.g., wind, traffic) using meta data from integrated vibration and tilt sensors
- Non-contact surface velocity radar
- 0.08 ... 15 m/s (0.26 … 49 ft./s)
Water flow meter for longterm data collection of velocity and discharge measurements
The OTT SLD uses acoustic Doppler technology for continuous measurement of water velocity and level in streams, rivers, and canals.
- Fixed installation
- Flow velocity
- Side-Looking-Doppler for continuous discharge measurement in rivers and open channels. Discharge calculation based on velocity - index - method. Integrated vessel filter algorithm, Modbus interface and output of total volume of flow (max. interval 1 day).
- ± 10 m/s
- ± 1 % of measured value ± 0.5 cm/s
Handheld electromagnetic water flow meter with automatic discharge calculation
The OTT MF Pro is a user-friendly, low maintenance electromagnetic current meter for cost-efficient in-stream discharge measurement.
- Flow velocity and water depth
- Low maintenance magnetic - inductive probe with level measurement for reliable flow measurements. Works well in low flow and turbulent conditions, cross - sections with weed growth and pollution. Applicable in streams and conduits.
- 0 … 6 m/s
- ± 2% of measured value ± 0.015 m/s ( 0 … 3 m/s ) and ± 4% of measured value ± 0.015 m/s ( 3 … 5 m/s )
Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler for surface water discharge measurement
OTT Qliner 2 – Doppler technology for mobile discharge measurement in rivers and channels. The robust system delivers reliable measurements even in moving sole conditions or at flood situations.
- Flow velocity and depth
- Acoustic water profiling instrument for section by section discharge measurements in rivers and open channels up to 20 m water depth. Operated by PDA user software with Bluetooth data transmission. Low flow resistance and high boat stability.
- ± 10 m/s
- ± 1% of measured value ± 0.5 cm/s